Cycle & Pedestrian Lane/Area Markings
Cycle and pedestrian lane/area markings are a playing pivotal safety role in the mix traffic environment. Brightly colored delineation of lanes and paths ensure road safeness for either bicyclists or pedestrians and operate as well as warning signs for drivers. Beside the decorative, guiding and warning purpose, properly selected marking materials offer also a suitable anti-skid resistance.
Helios offers three variants of solutions which differ in:
- Material type,
- Application technique,
- Consumptions and
- Final characteristics of cycle/pedestrian markings.
Ranging from thin layered systems, fine sand finishing systems to extremely durable and arbitrarily rough textured surfacing.
- Thickness of dry paint layer 0.3–0.4 mm
- Paint consumption 0.5–1.0 kg/m2
NOTE: Surfaces made of thin-layer paint without drop-on glass granulate DO NOT provide adequate roughness (SRT approx. 35–40).
- Based on solvent HS aromatic water-based paint
- Both variants include special antiskid: fine quartz sand type of filler aggregates
- Paint consumption: 0.9–1.0 kg/m2
- Solvent- or water-based paints intended for large area markings
- Solvent-based 2-component paint
- Paint consumption 0.6–0.65 kg/m2 + 0.35 kg/m2 of antiskid glass granulate
- Thickness of the structured layer: 2.5–3 mm
- Cold plastic consumption: 2.5–3 kg/m2
- 2-component cold plastic for manual application which allows the production of structured surfaces
- Additional drop-on material is not obligatory, depends on the requirements
- 2-component cold plastic for manual application in a combination with colored antiskid aggregate for various purpose antiskid surfacing (thickness of dry cold plastic layer 3–4 mm)
- Consumption 2.5 kg/m2 and colored quartz aggregate 3–4 kg/m2
- Thickness of the structured layer: 1–2 mm
- Cold plastic consumption: 1–2 kg/m2
- 2-component cold plastic for machine application by spraying
- Two-layer system (thickness of cold plastic dry layer 2 mm)
- Extremely durable anti-skid system
- AETEC certified P7, S4 (min. SRT 60)
- Consumption 1,7–2 kg/m2 with intermediate quartz aggregate 0.7 kg/m2
- Quartz aggregate applied as an intermediate layer between two sprayed layers
- No additional drop-on material is required